Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Well, its been awhile since my first post, so I figured I should try to update! I know its Tuesday but I'm still kinda recovering from the weekend! Haha.

Friday night some of our high school friends (J, R and I all graduated together so we have a ton of mutual friends!) came down to celebrate J's birthday (it was on Tuesday). I worked and was expecting to come home to an empty house because I figured the boys would go hit up the 'rippers or something. But instead I came home to a full (very full!) house of boys eating pizza and playing rockband. Well they played until well after 5am, I'm sure our neighbours were totally impressed lol. I went to bed around 4am and was up at 8am, expecting to go to a conference out at UBC.

It was grad weekend in my hometown and my "little brother" C was graduating. But I didn't think I could make it into town. He's not my biological or legal little brother, he's my real little brother's best friend. His parents have some major drug issues and he left them 2 years ago. He moved in with friends down the road from us because my brother (M) is a year older than him and left my parents home last year and he didn't want to burden my parents. But he spends a great deal of time there and he is really a member of our family. I was devastated at the thought of missing his graduation but as we are currently vehicle-less, I knew there was nothing I could do about it. But R surprised me and we rushed out there! It was fantastic! Everyone was really surprised and C was thrilled.

Since its totally small town Canada the whole town really comes out and celebrates! All the families of grads host BBQs and you go around visiting. Its a lot of fun! I got to BBQ-hop with my parents and visit with a lot of friends. It was great to see some people and catch up. J and R drank at R's parents place and I ended up there later in the evening as well. Later that night, after I helped J be sick and pass out, I went back to my parents place to have a good drunk talk with my baby brothers and we all passed out downstairs together. M was out first but C and I had quite the convo and hung with the pup. It was great since I don't get to see them as much as I would like. C and I had SOOO much fun but since we didn't crash 'til around 4ish, I am crazy exhausted!!! Sunday was all about J, R and I trying to get our tired selves home and ready for the week. Monday was particularly rough!!!

This week is pretty exciting since two of my best friends are graduating from university! YAY girls! It will be sad to see them but also really exciting! :)

Anyway, that was my weekend. Lots of fun but now I'm way too far behind in school stuff! Hope you are well!

~ C

No comments: