Friday, June 13, 2008

J

Well, you've met my two kids, now meet their daddy!

J is truly the love of my life. We've been together for almost four years and have lived together since literally day one. J is a welder and welder-fabricator in town. He absolutely loves what he does and enjoys going to work every morning. There are days when I wish he had a cleaner job (my landlord once asked how I "balanced two men", J leaves in the morning white and comes home black, hahahaha!) but I love seeing how happy he is.

We actually met in high school and graduated together. Apparently we both had "crushes" but were always involved with other people. Fast forward to a few months after graduation after we had both moved to the same new town, we met for coffee and the rest is history.

J is of Metis background and is fairly proud of his heritage. We are a hunting family, though I haven't let him hang up any heads ... yet. I knew from the first kiss my life was changed forever but it hasn't always been easy. We've both had to learn a lot and compromise. We've been through quite a bit together but the reality is: we are both better people who live more balanced lives and are able to achieve their dreams, when we are together.

I should mention that we are (on the surface, anyway) complete opposites. Oh sure, our values match and our visions of our future mesh perfectly ... but really, we're so different. From having completely different backgrounds, upbringings, experiences and educations, we are always learning new things about each other. It's really fun.

J is also a guitar player. I love it and so do the kids. Literally, when its bedtime, he'll pick up his strat and start playing quietly and both kids (well not always Joe 'cause he's not always running around) will come up and sit on the amp or on his feet and just chill out. It's so cute. It's probably my favorite time of day.

J is just the most awesome person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I'm still so blown away at how lucky I am to have him in my life. Even after all these years, at least once a week one of us will burst out laughing and say "Could you ever have predicted THIS in high school?" and then we giggle and cuddle. Haha. And the truth is, I could never have imagined someone so amazing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww. You have such a huge heart-- it's why I love you so much! :)

I cannot wait for you to have kids. lol (And I know you can't wait either.) They're going to be the most loved, spoiled kids ever. :-D

xoxoxo